Since E2 is on GMT, I can say with certainty that today is officially set day for my modular house. The move has been 5 years in the making, between starting to subdivide the farm and actually putting a house on it. The modules came Saturday and are waiting by the foundation for the big crane to set them in place. My builder tells me that if everything goes well, the modules will be set, the roof will be shingled, and the porch installed by the end of the day. Our biggest worry has been the weather, which for the most part has been atrocious all month, but tomorrow promises partly cloudy skies, with highs around 50. As good as can be asked for this time of year.

Of course, this does not mean that the house is done, there is several weeks of work left, including the basement and attic floor and stairs, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing to connect and tie in. The builder and his tradespeople will do the majority of the work, but I plan to do a ceramic tile floor in the bathroom myself. Not a major job, nor one that needs a licensed plumber or electrician, but it is something that I am doing to make the house mine. I get this feeling about my automobiles and the like, they aren't really mine until I get my hands dirty adding a stereo, or doing more than trivial repairs myself.

I'll be getting up early, my builder says that he will be there at 5:30 AM to wait for the crane and set crew.