His full name is Thomas Edward Yorke. He was born in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, England on the 7 October 1968 and studied English and Art at Exeter University. He was born with a paralysed left eye but after five operations and having to wear an eye patch during a year his eyesight improved. Thom's life changed when he was eight after moving to the Thames Valley when he received a spanish guitar as a birthday present. In addition to singing and playing guitar, I think it has been a bad omission that he also writes songs for Radiohead. He also plays piano in the band.

My favourite male vocalist, there's something about listening to him put raw emotion into his music that makes me feel pretty good. He also has a bit of a phobia about cars ever since he and his girlfriend at the time were involved in a car crash in his teens. This is evident through songs like Airbag, Stupid Car, and Killer Cars (the latter having some excellent paranoid sentiments that I share with him).

Addendum 22-11-2001:
Thom and his wife, Rachel celebrated the birth of their first child, Noah on February 6, 2001. Rachel and Thom have been together since university.

---------
Following the request, I've included the information from nodes by brian, tharris and Helmut:

Thom has also been given the nickname "newt" by fellow classmates when he was in grade school, due to his lazy eye. He has collaborated with many artists such as Drugstore, U.N.K.L.E., P.J. Harvey and Bjork.