user since
Mon May 28 2001 at 09:09:00 (22.9 years ago )
last seen
Mon Apr 12 2004 at 22:13:50 (20 years ago )
number of write-ups
4 - View NosForIt's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 14
mission drive within everything
Nothing
specialties
IT, RPG, (meta) physics, Comp. Sec., occult, abstract stuff
school/company
They say I go to college, Comp. Sci.
motto
Illusions exist, therefore are they real and no illusions exist.
most recent writeup
Enochian
Send private message to NosForIt

Live online as much as offline. Occultist having recently left the proverbial arm-chair. (Yes, that means I practice 'magic'.) Used to be a philosopher. Like all things electronic. Discordianist. Anarchist. Fighting lazyness. Finnish Swede (There's 300k of us total). I 'see' things. Quite nuts, oh yes, quite nuts.
Sanity is boring. =)

---
Deleted nodes (1):
---

-------------------------------------------
Meaning of Life

The meaning of life is to make choices.

Seriously. It's simple, yet complicated. You need to know what a choice really is. - Think potential. Or some sort of switch that you flip with your will. - However, if you know the outcome of your decision, then there isn't any choice involved, but rather selecting the outcome most beneficial to you. Thus our knowledge comes into play. What can we know? What is possible to know? The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle might come to mind, but what if we play the omniscience card? The HUP applies if we get our data by subsequent experience, linear, single-directional time. If time loses direction, rendering past and future into presence, then we are effectively omniscient. We know the entire path of the theoretical body we take our measurements from. This sounds a lot like a bullet trajectory, doesn't it? Then by scientific, mathematical formula, we should be able to create the Theory of Everything (ToE) and be able to predict every phenomenon ever.
Or can we? What is this boiling vacuum I hear of? Why did Einstein add that universal constant? Does the ToE predict the ToE? Why do exploding atoms create a chaotic pattern in their wake?
Lets look at the word "chaos". - A formless void that spawned the universe. Maybe if we return to the beginning we can find the end? - Void, familiar from computer terminology, is synonymous with null, 'lack of value', i.e. nothing.
So can we know that which does not exist? - No we can't, because that would mean it exists. Yet the universe came from it. Chaos, null and void, is the very limit of our knowledge and logic. In fact, logic is not a manifestation in itself, but rather a mere pattern on the surface of the random. The rest, we can not know.

So is there a higher purpose with this existence? All that we see, hear and feel are but random occurrences that are linked to each other by our own awareness, awareness which according to the anthropic principle created the visible universe in the first place. Awareness, which seems to be life itself. As such, life is a strictly defined self-purpose, and thus not a purpose at all.
Making a choice, not knowing the exact outcome, we deal directly with chaos, our origin.

Hail Eris!

-------------------------------