User Clockmaker reports that the achievement "Printing Press", which is supposed to be awarded for writing more writeups than any other noder in a month, does not appear to function. The code in question is located in writeupsMonthMost and simply returns 0. It was likely disabled after the switch to InnoDB, as aggregate statements, like the GROUP BY that was inevitably used, are far more expensive with row level locks.

This should be a monthly cron job (or implemented, equivalently, in a nodelet) which queries all writeups published in a month grouped by publisher_id, finds if there's a clear winner (SELECT COUNT(node_id) 'num_published' ... ORDER BY num_published LIMIT 2, if the two num_published don't match, there's a winner; or do something more complex to award to all people who tie for most that month), and awards the achievement appropriately. This is a good candidate to use the slave MySQL DB since stale data is unlikely to have an effect.


2011 Nov 28

Users IWhoSawTheFace and Tem42 both reported difficulty viewing their own homenodes.  This is most likely due to timeouts, being exacerbated by the presently overtaxed servers.

Diagnosis is difficult since neither user has provided further details in an E2 Bugs entry. If you have a problem like this, please report it here and provide time you were accessing your homenode (including timezone) and browser(s) you were using.

In general, a large number of slow pageloads right now are for user homenodes, whether accessed by the user erself or by others.  Most likely, accessing it by erself tips things over the edge because the counting of messages to oneself is fairly expensive.  Profiling homenode display would be wise.  The issue may simply be that there are many htmlcodes used only in homenode display, so a bunch of code has to be loaded from disk, and homenodes are relatively rarely displayed, so we might want to trim them down.


2011 Nov 28

Now that htmlcodes are being cached, the voting footers (maybe still in voteit ...?) accumulate text from each previous run.  This causes a confusing display esp. on E2 Bugs because the "(unvoteable)" text repeats a dozen times by the final writeup in the node.

Fixed!


2011 Nov 28

Using the ABC button to strike out text in the WYSIWIG editor causes the text to appear struck out in the editor but only in the editor. If you click on the "HTML" button, it shows no tag has been added, and submitting effectively erases the formatting.


2011 Nov 29

The indent button also appears to do nothing, reflecting only upon first application, but not actually changing any HTML.  It should create a blockquote.