I

This is the central dogma.


We inherit the central dogma from our parents, and we pass it to our children. It is the central dogma that drives us to do this, the central dogma that makes it possible. At the core of every human heart is the central dogma.

The most central tenet of the dogma is the notion of "I". The notion of self. The notion of unique thought.

Cogito ergo sum
But Descartes was only half right.

For there is no "I", there is only the belief of the "I", that notion that we are here, we think, we process, we are separate human beings. This is neither falseness, nor is it truth. It is.

I wake up next to you, again,
like yesterday and like tomorrow.
We are little waves on a little pond,
rippling in the morning greeting of a lazy sun.

I love. I think. I sleep. I judge. I breathe. I am.

Every dogma must have its sin. To forget the "I" is to abandon the central dogma. Because it is only after you believe "you" that anything becomes possible.


Other

This is the central dogma.


If there is "I" there must be something else. One world ends at our fingertips and another begins. That is the notion.

Because we are not everything, and we are not nothing, so there must be something else, there must be the "Other"; the mirror of one's mind reflects more than one's self. The "Other".

And thus the central dogma frames the dialectic within which we explore our lives, where we draw the threads of human society to form the knots we call individual existence, and everything else vibrates on our strings.

So let us raise our voices in song,
let us explore the harmony between us,
let us lose ourselves in the polyphonic confluence,
so that we might both know a little more.

In the "Other" we find opposition. That is the teaching.


Mind

This is the central dogma.


In the chaotic and fluid boundary of the separation drawn between the "I" and the "Other", the "Mind" takes flight. For to think is to judge, and to judge is to organize the perceptions of the "Other" according to models also gathered from the "Other", and those models must also be discerned by the "Mind". "Mind" is thus not our own nor not our own.

Red. Orange. Yellow. Green. Blue. Indigo. Violet.

"Mind" determines foolishness, "Mind" determines fact.


This is the central dogma


                  _______
                 |       |
                 |       |_________
                 |   I   |         |
                 |_______|         |
                    / \            |
                   /   \           |
                    | |            | 
                    | |            |  
                    | |            |
                  __| |__          |
                 |       |         |
                 |       |         |
                 | Mind  |         |
                 |_______|         | 
                    / \            |
                   /   \           | 
                    | |            |
                    | |            |
                    | |            |
                  __| |__          |
                 |       |       \ | /
                 |       |________\_/_      
                 | Other  _________   |
                 |_______|         |  |
                    / \            |  |
                   /   \           |  |
                    | |____________|  |
                    |_________________|

The three most central tenets of the central dogma thus interact; the Other perpetuates itself and creates the Mind; the I rests in the nest of the Mind; the notion of the I shapes the Other so that the next generation will do the same.

From whence have we come, then,
and where do we go from here?

Perhaps in the beginning, there was no central dogma, but rather a babbling of nonsense, a pool of primordial ideas. And perhaps from that randomness rose "I", which brought with it "Other", and thus created "Mind". This is not known. To plumb this mystery is to unravel the dogma; it is thus forbidden.

For every dogma must have its sin.

Every I must have its Other.

And in the end, there will be nothing. And it will be good.