Jet-Poop, to me, is not a 'person' so much as a 'collection of superheroes.' Dannye is simply as solid as a bed of nails. My belief in both of them, my confidence in their unplumbed depths of courage and resolve, is equally solid.

----


In news of the world....

Yesterday I grieved for the Aurora, Colorado shooting victims. Today I am annoyed by the blame game instantly, if inevitably, sprung up over it. Rick Warren, who pastors one of the nation's leading mega-churches, tweeted on the shooting: "When students are taught they are no different from animals, they act like it." He fairly quickly deleted that tweet, once controversy sprouted. In the same vein, US Congressman Louis Gohmert commented that people have asked where God was on that day, and concluded that God didn't intervene to prevent these killings because secularists have banned God from high school graduation ceremonies and the like. At the other end of the theological spectrum, Atheists have reacted with equally broad pronouncements, pointing to the Christian upbringing of the shooter (and that faith being shared by most of the victims) and contending that it is the violence of theistic scriptures which leads to such acts. Across the spectrum of politics as well blame has been aimed, against lax gun laws, movie and video game violence, lax policies allowing someone like this gunman to be admitted to a graduate program, and most everything else one can think of.

And the bottom line, the truth of the matter, is this. Some people are off-balance. It's not because of religion or politics or policies. It's simply the occasionally hampered workings of nature. If it were a product of religion or lack thereof, there'd be more of it, or it would correlate with the religiosity of nations. And sometimes, no matter what rigor is put into checking the mental health of people in whatever situation, whatever restrictions are put on access to weaponry, some tiny portion of people are born with an ingrained snapping point, whereupon they will find a way to wreak some degree of havoc. Such people are like a force of nature, like a tornado. And blaming religion or politics for people tipping past the fold is no sounder a thing to do than to point fingers of blame for the happening of the weather.

----


In auditing news:

Jack -- on page 6 of 12
Prole -- picked at random, on page 3 of 6
artman2003 -- just because -- on 3 of 10


Next up after these guys will be Jet-Poop and Dannye.

Blessings, all!!