display | more...

A small building on the Worcester Polytechnic Institute campus, it was built in 1887 as a laboratory for precise electrical and magnetic experiments. It contains no iron and was originally called the Magnetic Lab. Later it was used for high-voltage transformer work, and in 1917 Robert Goddard performed secret experiments inside of it.

In 1921 Skull Tomb became the meeting place of Skull, a secret honor society composed of hand-picked WPI seniors. No one save for members of Skull have entered since, despite repeated failed attempts to break in to the building.