the coiled line from my ear is a smoky wiggle stretching to infinity, a great gulf fixed between me and thee (I pray thee, reset thy modem), all hours stretched to tension, eyes all replaced by bare gray walls, my soul is cold liver on a plate ma'am, take, eat, this is my body. And the Lord God of your fathers is a god of war; you may now plead for your life, and live here forever.

the bitter muse at my ear (o whisper in my dreams, be I never alone) finds it unacceptable (you are lush with sex when you pout so) that the lines in the walls -she can hear them crossing crucified and she wants a credit- are fucked. And the LORD our god is a jealous god; all sacrifices must enter single file.

the shimmering grey waxy everything is the weight of a mountain, crushing all beneath it. the left of my head is the voices of Hell, confusion afraid and crying; the right is a void, a thousand paper dragons blown away in a mist (youth is a precious gem, and the mountain crushes all before it), for the lord of the gods is an old and foolish god, and nothing can stand before the man in shadow.

the grass withers, the flower fades, the strength of man is swept away by nothing at all and forgotten (like some idiot thing that says i cannot die I CANNOT die). Dark spans where had been everything (ambition pride lust envy) remain, and gibbering beasts see and do not remember. and the lord our god is a consuming fire, hang your head and cry for what is lost lost lost

The wire in my ear speaks again, and prayers rise to heaven like incense (Uzziah was struck with leprosy for his presumption). Smoke stings my eyes, and there is only clarity; for all eternity, this is all that ever was, and this is A-O-K. For our god is a god of love, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Thank you for calling, how can we bleed for you today?