I too was hit by a car so, to tell my story and what I learned from it:

This happened last november, the monday right before thanksgiving break. I am a freshman at Cornell, so I was in the middle of the first semester in college!

Amazingly that night I had finished my work (a feat I still have not attained again!), and was bored since everyone else was working. It was a monday night, and we were done on wednesday, so I didn't have much to do.

My friend decided we should get some coffee in college town. Now, since I'm a freshman, I live on north campus at Cornell, which is the furthest away from college town, but I decided yeah, why not. So we walk to Stella's, the coffee shop and get some nice dessert coffee. We're walking back and it's raining, but not that hard.

Right after Thurston Avenue bridge (for those of you who know Cornell's campus) we had to cross a busy street to get to the dorms on north campus. It was about 10:30pm and it was raining, but we were careful. The cars going towards central campus, closest to our side of the road stopped for us so we went across on a crosswalk.

So, apparently this is what happend, I don't know cause I don't remember much. My friend saw headlights and jumped out of the way, but I didn't see anything. Maybe he tried to grab me but I got hit at 30 mph.

I was damn lucky since I didn't break anything -- except their windsheild (I'm proud of that one). Apparently I was hit in the legs, flung onto the hood and cracked the windshield, and bounced back onto the road, stumbled up and fell back down. I actually don't remember being in that much pain, but then again I was in shock. Of course people huddled over me and tried to keep me warm, since I was lying in a puddle.

I do remember being actually hit. It felt like so similar to being knocked down by a huge wave at the beach. I remember seeing the shining dark metal from the rain on the car. Then I was lying on the road calling for help from my friend -- and in pain.

So long story short, I was hauled off to the ERon a back board. Everything I said hurt they took an X-ray of, which took way too long. I was perfectly fine, and knew it, but of course my insistence meant nothing. I did hurt my leg and was on crutches for a while, I messed up my muscle pretty bad and it still hurts... :(

So, what did I learn from all of this? To be very careful, first of all, especially at night and in the rain.

Crutches suck, secondly, and thirdly, pain killers are oh so wonderful!