Éowyn, sister of Éomer Éadig, was a shieldmaiden of Rohan. She went in disguise to the Battle of the Pelennor Fields where she, with the help of Meriadoc Brandybuck, slew the steed of the Witch-King of Angmar, and eventually the Witch-King himself. She was wounded in the process, however, and was healed by Elessar.

Éowyn once fell for Aragorn II, but his dedication to Arwen caused her a great amount of pain. Over time Éowyn became quite fey, forlorn in her loneliness. It was while recuperating from her wounds in Minas Tirith that she met Faramir, the man she would eventually wed.
But in the morning, as Faramir came from the Houses, he saw her as she stood upon the walls; and she was clad all in white, and gleamed in the sun. And he called to her, and she came down, and they walked on the grass or sat under a green tree together, now in silence, now in speech. And each day after they did likewise. And the Warden looking from his window was glad in heart, for he was a healer and his care was lightened; and certain it was that, heavy as was the dread and foreboding of those days upon the hearts of men, still these two of his charges prospered and grew daily in strength.
(The Return of the King)

J.R.R. Tolkien Node