The Apple IIgs was a great machine at the time of its existence. The Apple IIgs was one of the computers that really helped to start a revolution for computers. This computer had a color monitor compared to the former Apple II lines that had just monochrome. It also utilized sound, and started a new gaming experience by bringing sound. It also was upgradable. This computer helped me and I am pretty sure was the one of the first machines that hackers, geeks, nerds, and other smart people got their hands on. You could write BASIC on it. It also contained a GUI interface. I used this computer up to the early 1990's.(Oh, BTW I thought it was the best of the best, LOL, didn't know how bad it was). There was also a large amount of software for it, and it was also was used in the school system along with other Apple II computers. The Apple was also the machine that inspired somebody in the IBM PC compatible market to borrow(steal) the idea and put a PC speaker on the motherboard. This machine got me hooked into computers and now I am waiting for a cybernetic implant to be created. Although, I along with other people I talk with wished that some of the revolutionary machines weren't created because now we are flooded with stupid people which are the banity of the internet but it would have happened one day.