The Canadian Alliance is looking to be in dire straits at the moment.

Though it is a direct descendant of the Reform party, and indeed is pretty much the same party renamed, as far as I am concerned, there are a few major differences.

First of all, there seems to be more political infighting in the party than there is in the rest of the Canadian government - or at the very least, it's plainly obvious to anyone who watches the news or reads it.

Most importantly is that lately (about a week or so now, so around the start of October, 2001), they have no funding. Unlike the Reform party, led by Preston Manning (RefoOooOOoOOorm!), the party has run up debts. Manning was very firm against this, as he believed the party should be run as the government would be run - debtless - under that party.

The six major Canadian banks, however, have decided that the Canadian Alliance is no longer good for the money - and as such, they are now cut off from any further borrowing until their credit situation improves.

In my opinion, the CA has very little time left, as it has seemingly been mismanaged and misdirected from the start, and has very little holding it together. At least, that's the way it seems, anyway.