The popular view of Hitler is that he is a terrible person, one who killed people such as Jews and that he is a merciless, demonic man. Although most of this is true, there is another side to him, quite a warm and culturallly interested one.

When he failed his examinations at a special school, he dropped out at sixteen. He eventually went to Vienna, to become an art student. But the Academy rejected him, so he made a living by doing odd-jobs and painting postcards and selling them in the streets. During this time he began to support nationalist parties, and began to hate foreigners, such as Jews. He also regularly visited the Vienna Opera House, he sat in the cheap seats at the back as he couldn’t afford anything. He went once or twice a week, and his chosen operas included ones by Wagner, who was heavily influenced by Friedrich Nietzsche, who some people think supported racism.

Hitler was also a ‘film buff’ and in his later years of 'success', watched one or two films every night, the German film industry simply could not keep up with his demand, so his favourite films were repeated. He also had a girlfiend called Eva Braun, who he liked to go mountain-walking with.

Even after failing as an artist he liked to eat at an artist’s cafe in Vienna, along with his anti-semite comrades.

Disclaimer: my first attempt at noding my homework...