I saw this movie last night with turtlebat and Segnbora-t, on a sneak preview, and we all loved it.

I don't know how Michael Moore gets the interviews he does, but he manages to get access not only to NRA president Charlton Heston's home, but also to the kitchen and bedroom of James Nichols, brother of Terry Nichols, also indicted with Timothy McVeigh. He sandbags them for a while with disingenuously softball questions, then pulls out the big questions. He asks James, who has a loaded handgun under his pillow (Mike checks) and fuel oil and ammonium nitrate on his property, about bigger weapons:

MIKE: Should you have the right to own [weapons-grade plutonium]?

JAMES: That should be restricted.

MIKE: So you do believe in some restrictions.

JAMES: Because there's a lot of wackos out there.

When this guy starts a steely-eyed rant about the need to overthrow tyrannical government, Mike asks, "Why not use Gandhi's way? He didn't have guns, and he beat the British Empire." His subject pauses, then says, "I'm not... [looks puzzled] familiar with that."

The most thrilling scene, for me, was at K-Mart headquarters, where two Columbine High School students calmly show their scars to the PR flacks and Mike asks on their behalf that the store stop selling ammunition. When they return to repeat their request to another flack, she stuns everyone by reading a statement in which the company agrees to stop selling bullets.

As we left the theater, I told the studio rep that Bowling for Columbine is "the most important political film since Triumph of the Will". She dutifully wrote this down, asking whether she had spelled 'will' correctly (she had). And I think it is.