Perpetrated by the Trenchcoat Mafia.
They were not members of the Trenchcoat Mafia.

Suspects Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed themselves and 12 others.
Suspects, to me, implies that they haven't been proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Does anyone doubt it?
And I believe it was 13. :-)

"Geek Revolution" this was not. They represented nobody. Their killings were inexcusable.
Representation makes killing okay?
Plus, they represented themselves.

Thanks, OnyxRaven. I looked around for info about the actual school but I couldn't find any. :-(

As a student of this ill-publicised school I will try to fill you in on some details.

A school with over 2000 students, 4 grades 9th through 12th. Average graduating class of 450 (it just keeps getting bigger and bigger however).

Here's a hint though. Everything (nearly) you saw in the media is wrong. This is not a school 'run' by the jocks or otherwise run by any group. I found it so disheartening to see students such as Brooks Brown on shows such as Oprah pushing the idea that this is a jock-run school. Other reports on simple things like the location of the school, orientation, and where the two entered and went were almost totally wrong.

I may be the only slashdot/everything user that goes to Columbine, and it'll most likely stay that way. I've not forced the issue on anyone but I can't say that I dont.

Eric and Dylan were NOT members of the Trenchcoat Mafia, neither were they homosexuals or even bisexuals. Their rampage was nothing more than a psychotic vision of destruction. It was in no way some sort of geek revolution.

The people that can try to justify the killing of 15 (Yes I said 15. I include the killers. It's just my nature.) by saying it was some sort of revolution of misfits and geeks are completely missing the whole point.

Since April 20th, 1999, the school has become a landmark on tourist maps at the local airport, and tourbusses (though the traffic has slowed) still come by on the weekends.

I can add more if there is more that is wanted to be known.

I want to put this up for the readers to remember. Time Magazine has erased this from their web site, but I have it quoted from USENET:
"Columbine is a clean, good place except for those
rejects. Most kids didn't want them there. They were into
witchcraft. They were into voodoo dolls. Sure, we teased
them. But what do you expect with kids who come to school
with weird hairdos and horns on their hats? It's not just
jocks; the whole school's disgusted with them. They're a
bunch of homos, grabbing each other's private parts. If
you want to get rid of something, usually you tease 'em. So
the whole school would call them homos, and when they did
something sick, we'd tell them, 'You're sick and that's
wrong.'"

-- Evan Todd, 255-lb. defensive lineman of the Columbine football team, Time Magazine, December 20, 1999

Remember, lest this happens again.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.