Global opportunity?

My father tells me that there are a lot of opportunites to make money. That would be fine if I were just chasing dollars. I would rather be what Buckminster Fuller describes as the money-bee that creates an impact.

I came across this article in Business Week: (http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/06_02/b3966074.htm)

It's about how the China Economy is in the boom phase and how they have yet to develop managers that have the Western style of management. It also talks about how the western teaching methods are applied.

I responded with the following comment:
"It sounds like a lot of people are using what they "used to know" about a situation that requires special design and attention. The Chinese society is entirely different from the Western world. Everyone trying to grow this ecomony needs to "let go" of the mantra that "you only need to know what we tell you." (The Communist way.) In others words, just survive and not thrive. My father has been there and witnessed the Chinese say one thing, but practice another. The person who figures out how to bridge this gap will be among the richest. " Date reviewed: Dec 31, 2005 1:09 AM

Also, does this really make it right that the western culture is able to grow an economy that was once Communist into a Capitalist paradigm? I suppose that doesn't really matter if the China Governement wants to be among the power of the global economy. I pity the opinions people from Greenpeace might have to say about this.

Out of this particular instance, I then ask myself and then wonder - if I hadn't joined Interbiz, would I have ever thought about and responded to such news? This question undoubtedly asks whether the path I had chosen was indeed correct. The amount of knowledge gained from such a business system has put my interests into a different area of expertise. No longer am I just interested in web design and interface design. These are mere products development procedures that allow me to make money in the short term.

The long term knowledge will be acquired from such questions asked on articles having to do with socioeconomic conditions and situations that arise from developing economies of scale as well as business and its leadership development required for a successful business as a whole.

I am certain that I would not have been interested in such things, and would have developed a different sense towards material goods and hedonism as suppose to more wordly-significant items.

As for China, I keep thinking and asking what exactly could be the opportunity here? A business device to bridge the gap would indeed have to be applied across the board in corporations in China. But to have that kind of leverage needs also credibility. Maybe it only needs to be applied in one company so that it may spread out once successful. Maybe it is up to the North Americans with the Capital know-how as well as leadership know how, but not to teach the workers, the employees so much as to undermine and perhaps "pass" ourselves.

Such a person who holds back this kind of information may not be entirely useful in the best, most purist sense to help others - but would the Government allow it?

On the other hand, we could be the people who are the implementers.

I have always thought about what our place in the Global Economy could be. While China is finally developing their own industrial revolution, other parts of the first world economy have been living and developing the information age/revolution. Enlightenment in the corporations amidst some of the scandals and dishonesty - a correction for the entire socioeconomic paradigm, a Darwinism to weed out the bad.

So the answer could be - bring those from the first world to develop the others. That in itself is already a near selfless act - with a price. Let's hope those who want such knowledge are willing to pay for it.