University is wrong when you spend eight months of researching and doing a project that has never been done before, approached problem-solving in a unique way, and having done more than anyone has ever done, and in the end they tell you that you didn't graduate the week of the graduation ceremonies, even though the project was shown in the Graduation Exhibition.

Those heartless bastards!

University gets even more wrong when they tell you another eight months must be wasted on another project.

The Industial Design program at Carleton University has the worst kind of faculty - one that is obsolete. Only now have they finally realized to include Pro Engineer into the cirriculum. Where was it when students needed it? Some of the professors are too old and have no skills such that they should retire and let fresh minds into the school.

One professor in particular, destroyed my soul when he gave me a mark I clearly did not deserve. My revenge on him was to surpass with flying colours on the following year, my project dealing with the UAV, and then to get a job that is more exciting and fulfilling than his. Working with the engineers guaranteed my future and allowed me to laugh in the face of his cold, heartless nature. This, however, is when university is right.