First daylog from this humble user. Time to make an utter fool of myself.

Yesterday, I finished writing a song. It's the first of a series called, of all things, Tooth Mountain. Funny story behind it, too. Gather 'round, kiddies, while I grab my book.

Tooth Mountain: The Making of
Based on, not entirely mirroring, a true story

Once upon a time, there was a humble jack-of-some-trades named...uh...well, his screenname is TheCommander315. Out of boredom, he was doing some goofy photo-editing on a picture of, of all things, his purposely goofy and disconcerting grin.

"Hmm," said TC315. "'Map to Polar Coordinates'. I wonder what would happen if..."

So he opened the effect, fiddled with the parameters, and hit OK.

This is the result, with clumsy cleaning-up and filling-in jobs and corny typeface.

Epochs later, TC315 finished writing a thrash metal song after some inspiration hit him when he was fiddling on the keyboard. (Thank the heavens for the developer of the guitar soundfont he used.) He had no clue what to name it, until he ran into the Tooth Mountain PNGs he had saved epochs ago in the hope that he would use them in an album (in retrospect, what incredible foresight).

And that how Tooth Mountain came to be.

Or, rather, is coming to be. Stay tuned for the next parts of the saga (TM, I mean, not this Making Of).

THE END.

The first song's here, under the name "TC315- TM1: Accursed Peak". It was supposed to be "The Accursed Peak", but...



At server time, this was posted at 00:19 on 25 Jan, but I think since it's 19:19 here it belongs in the previous day's log. Retrotimecraziness ahoy.