The longest unbranched line on the London Underground, the Jubilee Line extends from Stanmore in the north-west to Stratford in the east of London, passing through the heart of Westminster and the Docklands en route. Created from the Stanmore branch of the Bakerloo Line, it originally ran along its current route from Stanmore to Green Park and then terminated at Charing Cross. It opened in 1977, the year of the Silver Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II. In the late 1990s the Jubilee Line Extension opened, from Westminster to Stratford, and the arm to Charing Cross was closed. The extended and improved Jubilee Line is one of the safest on the tube, with smart new trains, safety-glass panelling on the platform fronts, and efficient, accurate indicators. The extension has won architecture prizes for its stations, which are considered to be among the greatest examples of modern architecture in Britain. On a standard tube map, the Jubilee Line is silver-grey, and is the only line to have an interchange with every other line. It also crosses the river an unparalleled four times. (Thanks to StrawberryFrog for pointing this out.)

On the following map, the north-west end is at the top.

        Stanmore
            |
       Canons Park
            |
       Queensbury
            |
        Kingsbury
            |
       Wembley Park
            |
         Neasden
            |
       Dollis Hill
            |
     Willesden Green
            |
         Kilburn
            |
     West Hampstead
            |
      Finchley Road
            |
      Swiss Cottage
            |
      St John's Wood
            |
       Baker Street
            |
       Bond Street
            |
       Green Park
            |
       Westminster
            |
        Waterloo
            |
        Southwark
            |
      London Bridge
            |
       Bermondsey
            |
      Canada Water
            |
      Canary Wharf
            |
     North Greenwich
            |
      Canning Town
            |
        West Ham
            |
        Stratford

The Jubilee Line is concurrent with the Metropolitan Line from Wembley Park to Baker Street, but has more stops.

Connections to the Bakerloo Line at Baker Street and Waterloo; to the Hammersmith and City Line at Baker Street and West Ham; to the Circle Line at Baker Street and Westminster; to the Central Line at Bond Street and Stratford; to the Piccadilly Line and Victoria Line at Green Park; to the District Line at Westminster and West Ham; to the Northern Line at Waterloo and London Bridge; to the Waterloo and City Line at Waterloo; to the East London Line at Canada Water; and to the Docklands Light Railway at Canary Wharf, Canning Town and Stratford.

National Rail connections at West Hampstead for West Hampstead Silverlink and West Hampstead Thameslink, Waterloo, Southwark for Waterloo East, London Bridge, and Stratford. International Rail connections at Waterloo for Waterloo International.