I miss KamikazeOrigami.

She's been a member of e2 for roughly three times as long as I have, but has much, much less time to node. She's a geek like I am, but of a different kind. I'm more of a classical math and computer geek; she's a tech theatre geek. When we go to a play, I try to immerse myself in the story and fail to notice anything else. She absorbs the story as well as I do and walks out swooning about the lighting.

She is thruhiking the Appalachian Trail, all 2,167.1 miles of it. I have known her for some five years, and she will not cop out 700 miles in. She's going to walk the whole thing, and it will take her upwards of five months, and during those five or so months I will be in contact with her only intermittently, when she reaches a mail drop or gets a chance to charge her cell phone. I have been, to use a quaint yet wholly inadequate high school term, her boyfriend since about 3:00 in the morning on July 1, 2002. That's eight months, roughly four of which I have actually been able to spend in the same state as her. I study mathematics and computer science at Macalester College; she studies theatre at the University of Maryland, College Park.

She is the first person outside my family to whom I have said "I love you."

She is the reason for my going outside my specialty and writing things like this. She inspires me. She is hardcore. She loves nature and duct tape and Douglas Adams's books. She reads science fiction and plays computer games, when she has time.

She can get me away from my computer.

When she is with me, I like to do things for her, even though I know she doesn't need me to, because she is hardcore. Half the time she won't let me. She tickles me when I make a smart-ass comment. She tells stories to me. She has made me a better person. She has helped me to understand love, or to think I do. Whatever may become of us, I have been changed by her.

I miss her.