"This is who we are."

Millennium is a TV series created by Chris Carter who is the creator of The X-Files. "In keeping with many of the world's ancient prophecies, Millennium is a series about the struggle between the forces of good and evil as the millennium approaches." (Fox 1999)

Lance Henriksen plays Frank Black, an ex-FBI agent whose ability to enter the minds of the killers gives him vivid flashes of insight into their motivations and helps him solve unspeakable murders.

The many years of dealing with death took their toll on Frank though and he left the bureau to settle in Seattle with his wife, Catherine Black, played by Megan Gallagher and their young daughter Jordan Back, played by Brittany Tiplady.

After leaving the FBI, Frank has taken up work with the enigmatic Millennium Group. As a loving husband and father, Frank struggles both to balance the demands of his work with the needs of his family as well protect them from the ugliness with which his gift brings him into daily contact.

Millennium is produced by Twentieth Century Fox Television in association with Ten Thirteen Productions. The creator and executive producer is Chris Carter, the other executive producers are James Wong and Glen Morgan.

The first hour long episode of Millennium aired on the FOX network in October 25, 1996 and ran for three seasons and a total of 67 episodes before the final episode was screened on May 21, 1999.

Millennium in the show is actually spelt MillenniuM with two capital M's. In Roman numerals, M equals 1000. So the two M's in the title can make a reference to 2000, the millennium.

The symbol of the snake biting its own tail used in the opening title sequence of Millennium is called an Ouroboros. In the series it is the symbol of the Millennium Group. Chris Carter explains it as such:
"The image that appears on the main title of the show which is a snake eating its tail, a circular snake, the snake is a classic and ancient image. I think it's come from several different cultures, it's called the Ouroboros and it has many different meanings. One is eternal return, everything being circular, everything recurring and also of a snake eating its tail, of it devouring itself, which is a more negative context. I thought for Millennium it had equal parts of each and left some then to the imagination of what it might mean. But it's a very powerful image and I think it's really perfectly representative of the show."