Nirvana began in Seattle, with Kurt Cobain a singer and guitar player,bassist Krist Novoselic and the drummer Dave Grohl. In january of 1989 their recorded the first album Bleach. At that time the drummer was Chad Channing and Dave Grohl was in the band Scream. After one month Nirvana made its first tour. One year later Channing was sacked and he was replaced by Dave Grohl. In 1991, Nevermind was released, the most famous album of the beginning of grunge generation with the song "Smells like teen spirit". In 1993, they recorded In Utero and MTV Unplugged and added Pat Smear as a second guitarist. Since the beginning of the band Kurt Cobain had problems with drugs but he was more addicted in 1994. He was found unconsious in his hotel and then he was taken in a hurry to the hospital. However at the moment Nirvana was on a european tour. At the end of march, he entered a drug rehab and after one month he escaped from the rehabilitation and returned to his hometown. In April, Cobain was found in his house with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. This was the end of Nirvana.

References:http://www.matwolf.com/music-2/the-history-of-nirvana/. http://www.angelfire.com/clone/syxx/history.html