Another way I used to use that did work sometimes uses one quarter. You need an ice pick, or other very sharp and durable object that can punch holes in things. Take your quarter and puncture it as close to the outer rim as possible. Make sure there are no lumps or dents on either side of the coin after you have made the hole - if there is a lump or dent where you made the hole, just pound it flat with a hammer. Now take some sturdy fishing line about three feet long and tie one end very tightly through the hole in the quarter. Make sure the knot is small and rests right on top of the outer rip of the coin - this will keep it from getting stuck inside of the machine.

Now find a machine that takes coins and insert your modified quarter into it very carefully while holding on to the fishing line. Let it go into the machine until it is counted - you should hear a click or something similiar. Then slowly pull the quarter out via the fishing line - don't yank on it because you might break the line. Pulling it back out might take some work, but keep trying. Just keep inserting it and retracting it until it thinks you have put in enough money to buy something - you may even get some change after you order. This whole process can take some time to complete.

This doesn't work every time and takes some practice to do successfully. I used mine on vending machines and arcade machines alike - with about a 75% success rate. Doing this was just part of my adolescent growth and discovery. I don't suggest taking the time to do this - but if you are a tightwad, go for it! It was fun while it lasted.