A Finnish big beat band. Their sound circa Superweekend, on some of the more energetic tracks like Dancehall Dominator, could be compared to Bomfunk MC's, but they are musically far more versatile. Central themes in their music are love and relationships, and a cyberpunkish urban lifestyle of mobility and rootlessness.

A few exerpts from the band's bio (located at http://www.giantrobot.fi):

"We grew up, head-scattered, in international airports and international schools, closer to the next airport than the nearest suburb, carry-ons loaded with cassette Walkmans, Japanese battle robots, scale models of Sabena airliners....

"We grew up in peripheries, orbiting global culture, consuming LPs, Swatches, Levi's, Nintendo, digital sports watches, television...

"We orbited the earth, physically, from Departures to Arrivals, watching transmissions in lounges and hotel rooms. We stayed put, physically, orbited the earth culture and watched transmissions on living rooms floors and sofas.

"We have travelled the distance from VJs Pat Sharp and Gary Davis to 7" records fresh out of the recycling plants of Jamaica and warped as all hell..

"Giant Robot is of an indeterminate age, born amoebic and ill-defined, held together, at different stages, by communication through posters and SMS, members scattering and re-attaching, like satellites."

Their discography goes as follows:


A transcript of an interview would be greatly appreciated, since information on this band on the 'net is extremely scarce.