I remember walking into the World Trade Center plaza at sunrise, coming out of a drunken stupor. I reached the center of the square and looked up at the two gigantic towers stretching into the fog. With the fog obscuring their peaks they looked like they might go on forever, holding up the roof of the world. I looked over at the security guard standing next to me and told him he had the best job in the world because he got to see this every morning. He looked at me and just smiled.

I remember sunrise from sitting on top the pyramids of Giza, and from the cliffs of Masada.

I remember traveling cross-country as a little boy and my german shepard in the car next to me patiently wearing a cowboy hat and bandana I put on him.

I remember setting up a slip and slide in our dorm hallway in college and then getting busted for it.

I remember how much I once loved someone, and how much they loved me. I wish I could have that feeling again.

I remember the fantastic road-trips we used to take in college from Rochester to my house in Florida with overpacked cars traveling in convoy with cheap radio shack headset walkie talkies.

I remember riding on the back of a moped through the streets of Saigon gripping the seat with fear for my life.

I remember being naive and optimistic about the world. Sure that the pearl of wisdom was going to be handed to me any day now.

I remember having a crush on this female bartender who wore a cowboy hat, a pair of overalls, and not much else. She gave us free drinks and did shots with us all night.

I remember wondering where I would be and what I would be when it was the year 2000.