The Ignorant

This scene takes place in the lobby of an urban condominium building.
Evan is enlightened to the meaning of passion. Steve is enlightened to the meaning of escape.


Evan: So what? You’re not going to ask me how I am?
Steve: {After a slight pause} Um, are you alright, dude?
Evan: I’m spectacular. Does my face glow?
Steve: {After another pause, clearly confused} Are you sure that the stuff you got Sunday was straight?
Evan: What? The reefer?
Steve: Yeah, man…
Evan: That’s not what this is about! Shit!
Steve: {Incensed} Fine man! {A bit cooler} Why should your face be “glowing”?
Evan: This is Biblical.
Steve: {Rolling his eyes} Yeah, sweet… Well, what the fuck is it?
Evan: You’ve never read Exodus?
Steve: No. Dude, enough. I don’t even believe in God; what’s this shit about? I need to get to the shop.
Evan: Moses was glowing with Fateful Mortality when he descended Mount Sinai with the Imperative Tablets.
Steve: Yeah, you’re fucking high. At ten in the morning, dude? – you have a problem. Call me tonight when I’m off, we’ll hook something up for Friday. Unless you’re seeing Martha..? Whatever.
Evan: I met fucking Jesus, Steve, and Jesus is Buddha, too! God is real! Earth is for us to embrace and pacify ourselves by… The wind is grace!
Steve: Bye, dude. If you forget to call, I’ll hit you up in the morning.

Steve hastens off.


I ran this with a stopwatch in my head, and it was 57.5 seconds long. It can be rendered in a minute!