Well, if TheLady's post hasn't depressed you enough...

This morning I found out that this 3-year-old little girl that is at my son's daycare/sitter with him has cancer. Poor little girl had a high fever yesterday and went to urgent care to find out why. They didn't find a reason and she was sent to the hospital where x-rays found the cancer around one of her lungs.

Now they're deciding on surgery or chemotherapy.

Surgery or chemo?

Chemo or surgery?

I hope I never have to make such a decision for my son. Chemotherapy for an adorable little 3-year-old girl. God. Well it's either that or cut her chest open. Man. That just ain't right.

The saddest part is, this little girl, the sitter says her parents would let her take her on the weekends if she was open. When I have days off, I spend them with my son. When they have days off, they bring her by the sitter's anyway. And they let her stay the very latest the sitter will allow it. They don't pick her up straight from work. They go home first for a while. I can see doing that every once in a while. But I wonder how much time these people actually spend with their daughter.

I wonder now how much they'll regret how much time they didn't. Or.... maybe they won't. *sigh*

I hope she'll be all right. That they find out it's benign. But I do know this. I'm going to appreciate the time I spend with my son a little bit more after today.



Go hug your kid.