user since
Sat Apr 14 2001 at 21:33:14 (23 years ago )
last seen
Sat Jun 22 2002 at 02:19:45 (21.8 years ago )
number of write-ups
1 - View arwhitcomb's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 7
mission drive within everything
to deduce
specialties
artist, writer, humorist
school/company
self taught
motto
The meaningless absurdity of life!
most recent writeup
Schizoid Personality Disorder
Send private message to arwhitcomb

b:Concord, N.H. 11/15/1940 Single, male, 1 yr. UCONN, formerly Medical Technologist, presently Receiving Clerk, living in SoCal. ____________________________________________________________
SUNDRY THOUGHTS

1.".... In nature there are no families, no genera, no species....; there are only individuals more or less resembling one another."
.....Hochreutiner.....
What about the freaks?

2. "Ought not a process that for eternity has taken but one direction, to have been completed long ago?"
.....Josiah Royce.....
Eternity is eternity is eternity.

3. When did "you're" become "your"?

4. "The meaningless absurdity of life is the only incontestable knowledge accessible to mankind."
.....Tolstoi.....(Thanks, Al Flower).....

5. "Within each of us is our own Pathmos. We are free to venture, or not to venture, upon that terrifying promontory of thought from which one can see into the shadows. If we refrain from doing so, we continue to live an ordinary life, with ordinary thoughts, ordinary virtues, ordinary beliefs, and ordinary doubts - and it is well that we should. It is clearly best for one's internal peace of mind. For if we venture onto this summit we are lost. We will have glimpsed the mighty waves of the Marvelous - and no one can look upon that ocean with impunity....One persists in contemplating this alluring abyss, in exploring the unexplored, in remaining detached from life on Earth; and in one's efforts to penetrate a forbidden world, to touch the untouchable, to gaze on the invisible, one returns again and again to the edge of the precipice, leans over, takes one step down and then another - and that is how one penetrates the impenetrable and loses oneself in a limitless extension of infinity."
..... V. Hugo.....
But attachment to life on Earth is a blast!

6. TIMELESSNESS
How long is a lifetime -
is it not the same to the infant,
old one, moron, or insane?
How long is a lifetime -
and how short is pain?

7. "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed... To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms - this knowledge, this feeling, is at the center of true religiousness."
.....Einstein.....

8.