Aesir Corporation was the source of Max Payne's descent in to vengeance in the video game Max Payne, released in 2001 by Remedy Entertainment.

Like the literal definition of the word Aesir, the corporation was based upon a godlike figure, CEO Nicole Horne (voiced in the game by Jane Gennaro), a valkyrie-ish thug woman intent on the ruin of many for her own financial gain. It was she, through her Aesir Corporation, that distributed the drug Valkyr (another word from Max Payne that's based in Norse mythology), a strong hallucinogen and stimulant best described as an infinitely more potent version of PCP. Valkyr addicts were responsible for the murder of Max Payne's wife and child, thus setting into motion the game's storyline. The final level of the game takes place in the monolithic Aesir corporate headquarters, during a Nordic-like blizzard.

(Warning: spoilers ahead)

Max Payne was responsible for the destruction of the Aesir Corporation at the end of the game with the death of Nicole Horne, whose helicoptor was crushed mid-flight by a cell tower on the roof of Aesir Plaza that Max Payne shot down.

mirv suggests that the wintry setting of the game is a reference to Fimbulwinter, the year-long winter that preceeds Ragnarok in Norse mythology. (Makes sense to me; a club called Ragnarok is the setting of one of the game's levels, as a nod to this.)