Yesterday we finally got around to laundry, which turned out to be six full loads, which was a new personal record for us. I also made a batch of Scotcheroos, which are a mixture of Rice Krispies, Peanut Butter, Sugar and Corn Syrup; iced with a mixture of semi-sweet chips and butterscotch chips. They're 99% sugar, yet since they have peanut butter and cereal, they're good for you and can be eaten for breakfast.

Last night Ruth Anne went to a Dance Alloy concert, hosted by Contemporary Dance Theater, and left me home with Amelia. There was only a small about of kvetching when I limited Amelia to only one video, and all in all she went to sleep fairly easily, if rather late.

Overnight was much rain. This morning, the basement, which often has a small puddle in one corner after a long period of rain, had something more on the lake end of the spectrum. After some bailing, we got ourselves to Lowe's for some real sump pump type hardware. The biggest trouble with this solution, is that all we have is a low spot, not a real sump-pump hole, so the automatic switch which turn the pump on when the water is 12" deep really needs to kick on at 1" deep. I'm working on various sorts of kludges.

One advantage of this mess is that I could more easily find the problem, which is not where i thought it was. That is, the water was flowing in from the opposite side of the basement from where it collects. Perhaps some work on the downspout in that corner will help. Perhaps not.

iTunes status : 4110 songs, 9 days, 13.04 GB. Alternately, two of four case logic folders complete.

The neighborhood air raid siren is going off, and since it's not noon on Wednesday, I think it means that conditions are favorable to tornados; or maybe something else weather related. I always worry when I hear it, but I don't actually do anything, and nothings ever happened so far.