released in April 1994
, according to Guster's website, www.guster.com
- Recorded in February, March, and April 1994 at Q Division (Boston, MA)
- Produced and engineered by Mr. Mike Denneen, who is better known for his
work with Jennifer Trynin, Aimee Mann, and Letters to Cleo.
- Bob Hamilton designed the artwork for the album.
This involved taking THE BIG FRIEND (popular
stuffed Guster mascot-of-sorts featured on the
cover) to a studio for a photo shoot. After the photo
shoot, Bob jumped repeatedly on the doll, breaking
its little plastic nose into thousands of pieces.
- There are 4000 copies of Parachute currently in
circulation with the name GUS on the cover. If you
find one, sell it to Disc Diggers in Somerville,
Massachusetts for 3 dollars worth of store credit.
- To acquire "Parachute," you can call the friendly
folks at the Guster office 617-666-5510 (Visa & MC
accepted)... be sure to demand a free poster with
- If you turn your stereo up really loud, you can hear
Mike Rivard, our guest bass player, begin to play
"Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin at the very end of track
Songs on this album:
- Fall in Two
- Mona Lisa
- Love for Me
- Scars and Stitches
- The Prize
- Happy Frappy