It’s been awhile since I’ve written about you know who so I thought I’d give my extended family here a quick update.

For those of you who have been around here awhile I just gotta say I can’t believe she’ll be a senior in high school next year. Jesus, it seems like only yesterday that she penned her first w/u at the tender age of eight and now within a year or so she’ll be off to places once undreamed of and a new set of adventures lies just around the corner.

Having never been to college myself I’m not at all familiar with the enrollment/application process. Thankfully my employer offers a free service through a program called College Coach. Basically you supply them with a transcript and ACT scores (she got a 31 out of a possible 36) and indicate your interests and geographical preferences. She chose Environmental Science and Zoology as her main studies.

Based off that information they do a bit of homework and in a couple of weeks they supply you with a list of what they think would be a good fit.

A call to arms!

I got the list back this morning. It’s broken down into three categories and if any of you out there have any experience with these institutions I’d appreciate any positive or negative feedback you can provide.

The first one is deemed “challenging” and there’s a less than 50% chance she’ll be admitted.

Carnegie Mellon University
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
University of Virginia
Vanderbilt University
Washington and Lee University

The second is called “just right” and there’s a greater than 50% chance she’ll be admitted.

Bucknell University
Case Western Reserve University
Franklin and Marshall College
Furman University
Lafayette College
Lehigh University
College of William and Mary
Penn State
Tulane University
Union College
University of Richmond
Villanova University
Wake Forest University

Last but not least are the “no problem” schools where there is a greater than 90% chance she’ll get in.

Allegheny College
Clemson University
College of Charleston
Denison University
Dickinson College
Elon University
Gettysburg College
Louisiana State University
Miami University (Ohio)
Muhlenberg College
North Carolina State University
Ohio University
Ohio Northern University
University of North Carolina at Asheville
University of North Carolina at Wilmington
University of Scranton
University of Tennessee
University of Kentucky
University of Mary Washington
University of Pittsburgh
Ursinus College
Virginia Tech
West Virginia University
Wofford College

In closing I just want to give a shout out to all of you who have encouraged the both of us over the years. The support that you’ve provided during our ups and downs here has been invaluable and words can’t express our gratitude.

You are my social media.

With much love and affection,

Bob & Anna