Car Talk is a weekly hour long radio show about cars distributed by National Public Radio. It is hosted by Click and Clack, the tappet brothers (Tom and Ray Magliozzi).

Car Talk is about cars in much the same way that E2 is about everything - it is generally very good, but a bit confusing to navigate at times, and occasionally it feels like there is a lot of information that seems to be left out. People call in the show with problems about their cars, and Tom and Ray try to figure out what is causing the problem. Tom and Ray also heckle the callers, make fun of them, and provide a fair amount of disinformation.

Car Talk was started at public radio station WBUR in Boston in 1977. It started as a call in show where people asked about problems with their cars and recieved relatively straight answers. It has since changed into the most popular show on NPR, laden with humor and comedy. It is carried by more than 370 radio stations, and has in excess of 2 million listeners.

The show is also available in RealAudio on their web site, www.cartalk.cars.com, along with actual information about cars provided in a relatively clear and concise manner.

Source: www.cartalk.cars.com

Editors Note:

Tom Magliozzi (Click?) died on November 3, 2014 from complications from Alzheimer's disease. He was 77 years old.