Inside

A summer’s night, a winter’s day
All humanity stay at bay.

This creature, this monster it grows in me.
It so wishes it were free.

Fire, air, land and sea
Please oh please save me

It will come it will fight
It shall take all delight

Fire, air, land and sea
Please oh pleas save me

Save yourself, run and hide
I no longer have my pride

Fire, air, land and sea
Please oh please save me

A summer’s night, a winter’s day
All humanity stay at bay.


This poem, if you haven't yet figured out is about depression. I wrote this poem last year while I was in a depression.
I didn't even realise I was depressed till one day, for a school assignment I had to write a report on a certain subject.
I chose teenage depression. While researching this topic I looked at some of the symptoms and realised I had 12 out of the 13 most common symptoms.

This depression lasted a good three quarters of the year. Then over the summer holidays something changed the good days began to out number the bad. I haven't fully recovered but I don't think I ever will because this is the person I am. This is the person I have become due to events in my life. I have learnt to be more accepting of things, of events and people.

I never stopped caring because I don't think any person can stop caring. They may not care about the same things as others but they do care about something, anything. It is all dependant on the person and situation, it always is. That is why I do not believe it is possible to create minority or majority groups because each person is different, every situation is it’s own. Yes there are similarities in things and that is why we accept these selected labels. We are a lazy species we always opt for the easy way out, always the simplest. It may not actually be the best or most effective but it’s the option we always choose.
We are always searching for something, trying to find meaning. Weather it be in the work we do or simply why to live. This I think is what occurs to sufferers of depression they simply believe that there is no meaning that there is an end and we know it’s coming so why bother. For the people who do not suffer depression, some of them know this yet they say it is for the love of myself, of my family and friends, of the people I share my life with that I decide to live. That is what humans thrive on social interaction. Humans are dependant on each other; they are dependant on love and care. Without love humans are spoiled like a plant without being cared for the plant rots and becomes vile.

I am sorry if all I have written makes no sense. I’m only 15.