Runescape is an online role-playing game that is either free to play or you can pay $5 and become a member. The member edition is basically an enhanced free edition with more features, in the form of monsters, quests, and skills, and is updated more frequently.

The game has quests that you can do. After completing these quests you get a reward, usually in the form of points added to your statistics, in addition to quest points. Many of these quests involve helping other people get things accomplished.

You can interact with other players and trade items. There is a wilderness area where players can fight. You have a friend list that lets you send messages to friends even if they are not on the same server as you are.

The game was created by Jagex Software and is based out of the UK. Most of the users however are from the United States and consequently most of the servers are hosted from inside the US. Jagex is constantly adding quests, monsters, new map areas, and skills to the game making the game more fun to play all the time.

If you would like more information on this game go to www.runescape.com. Jagex also has other free games online that can be found from this website. Many players have also created fan sites that have lots of useful information.