Personally, this song seems to be almost reminiscent of the theme presented in the songs Hooker with a Penis, and Swamp Song.

Allow me to explain myself more fully:

Ticks & Leeches is a masterful work of sound and I certainly haven't heard TOOL like this before (and I do own ALL of the TOOL albums). There is no doubt in my mind that Tool is constantly evolving and growing, and this song is a result of this beautiful metamorphosis. However, every album post Opiate seems to have one song that says "To hell with the poetry. Tool can be about HATE too." When I say this song is similar to Swamp Song and Hooker with a Penis, I am referring to the theme. All three of these songs are seemingly a narrative that emphasises an increasing intolerance for the person in question. Do these lyrics seem similar to you?


Noone told you to come.
I hope it sucks you down.

Is this what you wanted? Is this what you had in mind?
Cuz this is what you're getting
I hope, I hope you choke


Forgive me for trying to pyschoanalyse two works of art. I just saw these two lines as being inarguably similar. Don't get me wrong either. I think Ticks is one of the best songs on the new album, and provides a great line for screaming at people you don't like. Out of the three songs i mentioned (Swamp Song, Hooker, and Ticks & Leeches), I'd say the latter is now my favourite.

Nothing says "fuck off" quite like "I HOPE YOU CHOKE!"