user since
Sun Oct 17 1999 at 13:37:08 (24.5 years ago )
last seen
Tue Jan 25 2000 at 19:58:00 (24.2 years ago )
number of write-ups
1 - View ford_prefect's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 4
most recent writeup
Cray T3E-1200E
Send private message to ford_prefect

Hey, I'm Ford Prefect. I'm a small, oddly shaped British car, or a native of Betelgeuse whose father was killed in the Great Collapsing Hrung incident and whose boyhood nickname was Ix (Betelgeusan), whichever is easier for you understand me in the co.ntext of.

I'm a member of a group of serious computer geeks called 404. We spend our time drooling over sweet stuff like the new Lust Machine from nVidia, Cray T3E-1200Es (the 2,048 processor model with 2GB of RAM per processor), an.d debating over which version of Linux is the best.

I'm a big fan of techno. And rap, klezmer, Tenacious D, and other good music. I absolutely cannot stand the Backstreet Boys or N'Sync or anything even vaguely reminiscent o.f their homosexual pomposity.

I like to play tennis and Ping-Pong and surf occasionally. I'm a major fan of Decipher's excellent Star Trek CCG and a recovering Magic player. Pokemon is a tool of the devil.