Recurring character in Neil Gaiman's Sandman comics and their sister Death books: The High Cost of Living and The Time of Your Life. Foxglove's given name is Donna Cavanagh; after her girlfriend Judy died under bizarre circumstances in Sandman: Preludes and Nocturnes, she chose a new name to mark the closing of a painful chapter in her life. The foxglove flower's association with digitalis and its medicinal properties seemed appropriate to the grieving lover and recovering domestic violence victim.

Foxglove's life took a turn for the better when she met Hazel McNamara, and the two soon fell in love. Their relationship had its ups and downs; Hazel got pregnant after an affair with a co-worker and the two lost some more friends in A Game of You, but the greatest strain between the two came after Fox began to set her stories (many of them autobiographical) to music and rocketed to stardom. Readers catch glimpses of the beginning of her musical career in The High Cost of Living, and witness its eventual dissolution (for the sake of her relationship with Hazel and her son Alvie) in The Time of Your Life. At the end of the latter book we see the two women (and their son) driving off into the sunset to live happily ever after.