Haven't noded since the very beginning of spring break; went to play in Joshua Tree and Laguna Beach for a few days instead. Now I'm reluctantly getting back into the swing of my dorm room and the thesis I must continue to research and write, and of course all the Web time I could ever shake a stick at is an ample source of procrastination indeed. Net outcome: it's been a good E2 day and a bad hair day. If I thought the two were related in any way, I wouldn't get that haircut I whined about needing in the chatterbox earlier today.

So, to cannibalize an old Dan Bern lyric, it's time to "sit back, give interviews, get on the Internet, and take stock of what I've done" today.

  • I started fleshing out my Dutch profanity semantics paper node with writeups on a few important definitions (I don't think it's nodevertisement if I don't hardlink my w/u's in the daylogs, and besides, if I let myself get intimidated by voting down for nodevertisement I'll never get over my fear of posting anything more controversial than song lyrics with editorial comments). I accrued a C! in the process, so it felt like a job well done.

  • For the second time in my E2 career, I introduced myself and revealed my identity to an Everythingian I know in real life. It was a little scary, but felt like the right thing to do.

  • I voted on a daylog. For anyone who has not yet heard me rant on the subject, I am highly embarrassed and dismayed by the fact that my highest-ranked nodes are daylogs. I feel ickily voyeuristic when I read those of others. So I try to restrict my entries here to thoughts about noding, satisfying both my exhibitionist urges and tendency towards mental masturbation, with which I'd rather not clutter other parts of the nodegel. I have always tried to keep my ruminations on these matters boring enough to dissuade all noders but those with excessive votes to burn, but apparently I have failed to do so in the past. Now I have succumbed still more to the temptations of the daylog, and fed the beast. Alack, woe is me.

  • Afterthought (it's true: I have no discernible attention span; my writeups are constantly evolving because I can't concentrate long enough to finish any of them): I discovered anybody can contribute to the Editor Logs. For some reason, this freaks me out beyond belief.

Still, all told, a pretty good day on E2, and fairly uneventful dirtside. If I could only find my watch/alarm and keep the hair out of my eyes and ears; I'd be much better prepared for spring break to be over. Well, there's always the weekend.