Hello.

I share the insides of my insides and the light that comes beaming out of my chakras with this place (and in many cases, this place only). In fact, there have been a few times over the years when I decide to let someone in, and I direct them to my writing here on E2, so they can digest it at their own pace, and hear it in the best words I have yet been able to find to explain.

There was value in the technical and stylistic feedback that used to come my way as a new user who was also a green writer, still looking for the voice I knew was in there somewhere. There is still value in an anonymous audience, and the discipline required to write well for an audience (instead of just letting the feelings out like a steamwhistle) is its own kind of psychic exercise. Yes, there used to be more offered than help closing pipelinks or nitpicking over individual words. There used to be more here indeed and we can still see the ancient stone monuments in the jungle, and guess.

Did you ever have an uncle who meant well, but sometimes was a little sharp with words? You know, the kind of guy who really wanted the best for you but sometimes said things in a way that might have seemed mean if you didn't know they came from a place of love.

If you ever want a well-meaning uncle to critique your work, you know where to find me.