At risk of fanning some flames, I want to share a story here.

Last December, after Finals were over, the night before I was going to go home, I went out and made the rounds on Frat Row. I did some dancing, got a bit trashed, and went back home to catch some sleep (the bus didn't leave until like 7 pm, and I wanted to enjoy the day). A couple of hours later, I was awakened by an intoxicated, naked female acquaintance of mine, who had climbed into bed with me and was tugging at my pajamas.

I jumped, tried to see what was going on through sleep- and alcohol-blurred vision, and went ballistic. "What the hell do you think you're doing? Why are you in my bed? Why are you in my room? Get the hell out of here!"

Naturally, she started crying and apologizing... "But I thought this was what you wanted... you were giving me the look back at Sig Ep. I'm so sorry!" So I calmed down a bit, gave her my bathrobe, turned on the lights, made some coffee, and generally smoothed things over as best I could. We talked for a while about the random stuff people talk about when there's nothing to say, and she left, and I went back to sleep.

It wasn't until the morning after that it hit me... what if the roles had been reversed? If I had climbed naked into the bed of a girl I don't know that well, and tried to take off her clothes, I'd be in jail almost certainly, and I would definitely not be a Dartmouth boy any longer. Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine any other way it could have gone. She would have called the cops, and I would have been toast. "What were you doing in there, son?" "Well, I thought this was what she wanted. She was giving me the look!" Don't see it working...

(Note: I don't intend this to illustrate any sort of general truth. This is just what happened in my specific case, YMMV, etc. I just thought it was relevant to the discussion at hand.)