Another way to roll your own cigarettes is using a tobacco injector.

Using loose tobacco, filter tubes, and a small tobacco injecting machine that fits in the palm of your hand and costs around US$3, you can create "tailor mades" in no time flat.

To make your own tailor mades

Purchase an injector, tobacco, and filter tubes from a tobacconist. There are many with online stores, a simple Yahoo! or Google search should lead you to a good one.

Loosely press about a tablespoon full (this will vary depending on injector and how tight a roll you want) of loose tobacco into the injector. Slide the tube onto the metal or plastic cylinder at the end of the injector. Close the lid, slide the mechanism to the side, and your finished cigarette pops off the end of the injector, beautifully finished.

Loose tobacco can be purchased in many different blends, strengths and flavors, and filter tubes are available in standard length, 100mm length, and even unfiltered. They are also available in light and menthol variations.

In about a half an hour, you can roll up an entire pack's worth of cigarettes, store them in an Altoids tin, and head out the door for an approximate cost (after purchase of the injector) of less than US $2 per pack. Your cigarettes will taste better, have less chemicals in them, and cost considerably less than you pay at the corner store.

These are the only thing I smoke anymore.