00:35 GMT

This is my 250th writeup, breaking me into level 5.

It figures that my lowest writeup ever was posted last night. I've never gotten anything lower than a -1. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I was in a weird mood last night. I re-edited it a bit so hopefully it'll eventually get back into positive territory. I had too much energy. I guess noding while overly energetic is almost like noding while drunk.

Today was a very boring day at work. We spent most of the day waiting for our servers to do some batch processing.

Most of us programmers went to lunch together and we ate at a nice place in downtown Delray Beach called The Old School Bakery (or something close to that name). I had a garden salad, and it had all kinds of leafy veggies. It was alright. I haven't had too many different varieties of salad to really know how to rate it, but I finished it completely. The bread that came with it was great. I'm not sure what kind of bread it was, but the crust had some sort of flavor to it that was familiar; I couldn't place it, but it was good.

Then we got back, and still had to wait. TC and I went outside for a while today and we talked with a new programmer that our company just hired. It was a really nice day. The temperature averaged around 75ºF, about 5-10% cloudy, and a nice 2-4mph breeze. It doesn't get any better than that.

Finally, the batch process had finished and I did a quick debug run on my next batch program and verified that it was running correctly. I started it off and it's still running. I guess I might as well go to the gym now. Move along, nothing more to see here.


03:52

Went to the gym for an hour, had a healthy dinner. I still haven't lost any significant weight after two weeks. At least I'm getting a lot of energy out of this. I'm sleeping more normal hours now. Before, I would need about 10 hours a night to feel alert the next day, but now I'm doing fine on 8 hours. I haven't had any trouble falling asleep either.

Ok, so I didn't set up my dentist appointment today, but I did get started on my car insurance. I have an appointment tomorrow at 10:30 to go meet someone in person to talk it over and perhaps get signed up. My car insurance would have been about $115/month if I were 25, which I will be in about 2 months. However, since I am still 24, and since someone had to hit my car while it was parked in a parking lot (see my writeup in October 4, 2000), I will be paying $155/month. I don't mind paying a little extra for one term until I turn 25, but having to pay more because someone hit my parked car while I was inside working really seems unjustified. Insurance companies really fucking suck.

Things to do tomorrow:

For now, I guess I'm going to go read or something...