previous / next

  • scanning for the very handsome man in orange tea-colored shirt in the kids' department. I made three people help me look but he was gone.

  • Eric (bad stupid Eric) came over cursing and yelling before he even got inside. Broke a bottle of beer in the hallway, the carpet soaked. I told him to watch his mouth in my house. He told me to shut the hell up. I looked around expecting someone to come to my defense, but they were all terrified. I realized how much bigger he was than me, how much damage he might cause. I decided to slink off and call the cops, report an intruder.

  • Thinking back on all the times I'd called the copps. Intruders, overdoses, danger. (note - these never happened.)

  • Brea had found that good interesting book I kept meaning to read. Cookbook? recipes and stories about them?

  • An Irish book mislabeled as Spanish, pissed me right off

  • trying to write black on black, frustrated

  • Marietta will always know more than me

  • getting high and glazing into sleep

  • Climbing with Noah, impossibly high on a shattered structure, a dead castle, giant tinkertoys? We could see nothing but the platforms we were immediately standing on, so we couldn't know exactly how high we were, but my brain compensated for the lack of sight, supplying its own vertigo, and I was suddenly so dizzy I had to hold onto anything I could, to keep from tumbling down for miles and miles.