Herb and Salt Crusted Baked Potato

I have found that the following recipe yields a consistently, delicious flaky potato with a yummy, salty, crusty "shell".  It is important to note that you should not prick the potatoes until halfway through baking them.  This will ensure that the inside of the potato is flaky instead of chunky.

Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Bake time: 60-65 minutes

Ingredients:

Medium to Large Baking Potato(es), sock sizing is optional
Margarine or Butter, softened
1/4 to 1/2 cup Kosher or Coarse Salt (enough to coat the potatoes)
Herbs (Optional)

1.  Preheat oven to 425 F or 450 F for larger potatoes.  Line a baking sheet with foil to ease clean up.

2.  Wash and scrub potatoes, and set on a towel to dry.

3.  Put salt on a paper towel.  Add any herbs you may want to use.

3.  Using a paper towel, "grease" the potato using the margarine. In other words, fold up the paper towel and wipe the margarine or butter with the paper towel so that you can then wipe the butter onto the potato. Alternately, you can also melt the butter or margarine and brush it on, but that tends to be more work than is necessary.

4.  Roll the potato in the salt/herb mixture so that it is completely covered in salt and herbs.  Then place on baking sheet.   Repeat for all potatoes.

5.  Bake for 30 minutes.

6.  Remove from oven.  Prick potatoes using a fork, with an oven mitt turn them over and prick again.  Bake for another 30-35 minutes.

Serve with whatever condiments you prefer.