I completed my longest training run pre-half marathon. Not only did I complete the planned 14 mile run but also accidentally ran an extra .88 mile in addition. So, 14.88 miles. Whoops! 13.1 will be a piece of cake, right?

It was an out and back run on a rail trail. It was long. It was uphill both ways. Parts of the trail resembled baby poop more than rail trail. *shakes fist at Mara*

Regardless, its done, its miles behind me.

Highlights from the run:

-underpass graffiti that called some guy the "biggest niger eva". Yes, the biggest Republic of Niger, the west African country. EVA.

-at mile 7.44, the turnaround point and halfway point, I had a wave of nausea come over me. I chuckled when I thought, "heh heh, I'm gonna puke." Instead I kept running and the feeling passed.

-at mile 12, felt like I'd been running forever. Oh wait, I HAD been running forever.

-also at mile 12 my brain kept telling me, "oh you've gone far enough, you can quit now you've done enough for today." But I didn't quit. I mentally flipped the bird at my brain and kept putting one foot in front of the other. I wanted to cry. I wanted to cry because I was thinking about quitting. But I couldn't let myself quit; not after I had already come so damn far. I felt very Scarlet O'Hara-ish at that moment. Dragging the damn horse until it was ready to (and eventually did) collapse.

-at the end, wanting to cry because it was over and instead laughing hysterically until I did finally get stupid and weepy.

-not even considering how painful stepping up onto the curb would be when I finished running. Wowie. That hurts.

The half marathon is in two weeks. I have only short runs left between now and then. Yes, 8 miles is short to me now.