Volo Auto Museum is located in Volo, Illinois, home of the Volo Bog. While the museum is located inside an antiques mall, the cars are probably the most popular attraction.

Before entering the car section, you can browse and purchase thousands of die-cast and plastic models of cars and airplanes. Admission to the auto museum is about $7 now, but has gone up substantially over the past couple years, when it used to be $2. The museum specializes in old cars, namely muscle cars and classic cars.

Room 1 has mostly classic cars, consisting of Chevrolet Bel Airs, Ford Fairlanes, and other fin based vehicles of the time. Rooms 2 and 3 have almost exclusively muscle cars: Chevrolet Chevelle, Ford Mustang, Buick Grand Nationals, Chevrolet Camaros, the Mopar muscle cars, the Pontiac GTO and other vehicles of the era. Most of them are for sale as well.

The treats of the museum are the specialty cars. They include: Michael Jordan's ZR1 Chevrolet Corvette, Kitt from the Knight Rider TV series, the Back to the Future car, the Blues Brothers car (the Bluesmobile), a Dodge Charger from the Dukes of Hazzard with all the proper paintings and autographs, and the tight-fitting Indy Car that Al Unser Jr. drove during a race at the Indianapolis 500 which is available for you to sit in.

The museum is located 50 miles north of Chicago. Their web page is http://www.volocars.com/.