I was a dark villain, somehow elevated by my arrogant madness above the rest of mankind. It was night, and I strode through the freshly shattered window of a large store, a whip in each hand. With expert precision I began to slash the whips along the shelves, smashing and hurling their contents across the floor as I ran and leaped from display to display, each one lit garishly in the darkness of the store. It was intoxicating, a mad rush of freedom and rebellion, and only when the store lay in tatters did I stop and notice someone standing there. I knew her, a dark-haired girl named Kate, a part of my former existence. I advanced upon her, cracking my whips, and lashed out to kill her. She managed to dodge the full force of my strike, although she fell easily when I ran and wrestled her to the floor, watching the blood run down her face.

She smashed a nearby display case containing an ornate dagger and, before I could act, she pushed it deep into my abdomen. I struggled to get up, stumbled and fell, staggered out into the rain and the night. I knew she was chasing me and I knew I was weak, and I fled into an old church bell tower. I made a mad rush up the stairs and leaned on the gigantic hanging bell to look down. I wasn't being followed. Why would she? I felt myself getting faint, the blood was still pouring out of me, and I collapsed. I hung onto the edge of the enormous bell before falling back down where I had come, hitting the ground hard.

I laughed as I felt myself dying - I had swung the bell enough to start it ringing across the night, and the rain that had settled around its edges was pouring over me.