My week.

April 3, 2006 Last full day Significant Other is in Malta.

April 4, 2006 Wake up early to say goodbye to S. O. at airport. Go to car wash. Try to work. Fail to work. Go to a public lecture on UNESCO conservation instead of visiting Nanna in hospital because the lecturer who organised it isn't answering my emails.

April 5, 2006 6.10 am: Hospital calls to say Nanna's taken a turn for the worse. Dad panics. We don't make it in time. She died at 6.20am. 11 am: Take Auntie Sister, my greataunt and Confirmation godmother to see Nanna at the mortuary. Spend 15 minutes of my time saying the rosary, and the other 45 minutes being nagged for not saying it at home. Get back. Try to work. Fail to work. Dad's watching football, talking to himself.

April 6, 2006 The day of Nanna's funeral. Mom is panicking I don't have black shoes and whether people will visit afterwards. A funeral taxi picks us up from home and takes us to the mortuary. Then to the church. Then to Addolorata cemetery. My Dad's speech at the end was the only point I had a really good cry. Get back with the coffin cross and one bunch of flowers because they steal them anyway. Buy medium-sized chips from the local kebab shop. Movie. Revisit E2.

April 7, 2006 The feast of Our Lady of Sorrows. Dad asking me whether I believe in heaven. Try to work. Succeed. E2 a little. Dad's watching football, talking to his mum.