The IT is here, from Denver. She is full of stories about her first year and a half teaching eighth grade. It's a really difficult time to start teaching. Her principal got Covid-19 but is back and seems to be ok. The kids are very stressed, from the immigrant, African-American with an influx of Hispanic kids and she says most kids know someone who has been shot. Gangs and kids who live with a grandparent and an uncle because the parents are gone/dead/in jail/drugs/whatever.

I think all of my stories about medical messy stuff suddenly shrink in perspective. She really likes her school. It is small, so she thinks she is less likely to get shot. The recent shooting in Aurora is on their minds. The TicTok crap on Friday screwed school up: a nasty "school sh--ting day" joke. One third of the kids didn't show, one third freaked out and went home and the rest of the day was a bit anxious but peaceful.

Her goal is to see friends and rest. I made popovers yesterday morning. One half was with gluten free flour and the other half was with regular flour. They do not pop nearly as well with Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Flour, though they tasted good. Sigh. I want to whine wine wyne. Never mind. Things could be a lot worse.

Elwha likes her. He is an extrovert cat and likes everyone. IT doesn't like "furry things". She is mildly allergic. The kittens really were very involved when she got ready for bed and she had to lead them out of the room, pop back in and shut the door. Sol Duc is more careful but has decided that she is ok.

We travel later this week. I am paying a house/cat/plant sitter. If there are noders in the Maryland/DC/Virginia area who might want to meet, message me. We are going to travel down to see my aunts south of Roanoke if the Omicron lets us. We shall see. I had coffee with IWhoSawTheFace a long time ago on one DC visit.